Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A guy in my class got robbed just the other day. =/ He lives in the same area I do. When he called the police, they came 3 hours later. T_T He pretty much lost everything except his Xbox 360 and his TV. I know right! The thieves took four laptops but didn’t take the Xbox. And apparently when the policeman saw, he laughed and pointed out that they didn’t take it cos it wasn’t a PS3. Anyways =/ all his work is gone, assignments and stuff. They even took his hardcopies i.e. layout pads. And we’re like, “WHAT WOULD THEY NEED THAT FOR?!” And all of us kind of diverted from the lesson and started talking about robberies in Bentley. Ahaha. The forensics person was pretty . . . well. Imagine this, the forensic’s right hand is gloved, and the left not. She/he picks up evidence w/ his/her left hand and goes, “No I definitely don’t see any fingerprints on this. Yeap.” My. Gawd. Example number two. He/she wipes ungloved hand across table and uses gloved hand to shine the beam. Aren’t they just getting rid of the evidence? =/ Meh.

Our teacher told us she had this student that got robbed at knifepoint. Like. The girl went to bed with her window open (cos it was summer and 40 degrees) and then this Aboriginal woman breaks into her room. She pretends to be sleeping and sort of peeks through her eyelids (they’re sorta closed but you can still see kind of thing) and yeah. The woman just held a knife to her throat for five minutes. Somehow (don’t know the details) the girl managed to run to the kitchen and get a knife and chase the woman out of her house, slashing the Aboriginal woman’s hand in the process. And we’re thinking, great! She scared her off! Then we’re told that the Aboriginal woman proceeds to file a report for assault. So. The girl had to pay. Like. WHAT? WE PROTECT THIEVES AND ROBBERS NOW? Okay. I know I shouldn’t be surprised. Cos it happens in America, and that the law isn’t perfect. But SERIOUSLY. Like WHAT?! ITS INFURIATING.

So I reckon I’ll just sit there like a D.I.D. (damsel in distress) waiting for the robber to do me serious bodily harm before picking up my baseball bat and smashing him in the nuts. There’s a law that you can’t harm anyone on your property if they don’t live with you (or some such). Then the policeman said, to just let the robbers take everything, telling them not to hurt you, and once they got out of your house, you could give chase. On a random note, you can’t attack them if they have a lower grade weapon than you do. E.g. I have a knife, they have a baseball bat, I’ll get charged.

OH. Today while I was walking to school I passed by this blue house (part of my normal route). Its alarm was going off. All this while I thought, nobody in hell is gonna rob that house. Cos. They have this shit scary skeleton that peeks from behind the curtain. Like when you have your curtains drawn and you pull it back a little just to look outside kind-of-pose. And no it is not the sterile looking tame skeleton that we have in biology labs. IT WAS WOODEN AND IT LOOKED LIKE IT CAME FROM THE JUNGLES OF SOUTH AMERICA OR SOMETHING. Scary shit. Anywaay. The police came and walked around the house. And. That’s all I know. Cos I had to go to school. Haha.

…wow long post.

No comments: