Monday, April 19, 2010

Oh dear God

I am

- sleep deprived
- suffering from post traumatic stress
- too scared to sleep in my own room
- too scared to walk back to my own house

Our house got broken into on Sunday night at about.. . . 10.54 ish. Me and Nouv were at the kitchen table doing work on our laptops. Then suddenly we saw this figure move and slam on our glass sliding doors. He was trying to get in w/ a screwdriver. And Nouv was screaming at him to get out and sliding/locking the door. It was so scary! When he saw that the screwdriver wasn't working, he took my housemate's bike from outside and tried to slam the sliding doors. We were yelling for them (housemates) to call the police. When the glass door was partially broken, Nouv ran out of the house to get help from the neighbors. =/ I grabbed my laptop and ran out after that too. Gwyn and Nat locked their room doors and called the police.

Nouv banged on our neighbors' door. And when they finally answered (they were sleeping) we saw the car drive off. And when we went back into the house, the glass was shattered, and Nouv's laptop and wallet were gone. And the police came shortly afterwards. They took a statement and then left. Sigh. Church friends came over to provide comfort and well yeah. Sigh... The glass got fixed up. And grills and locks are being installed Tuesday and Wednesday.

Now bunking in at a friend's house. SO scared. =/ I don't think I'll ever feel safe now. =/ Post traumatic stressss! I haven't cried yet. And I think I want to. sigh. really. I need therapy. And this time. I'm not kidding. =.=

Dear God. You're still in control. Please grant us all a peace of mind. I'm gonna trust you.

2 comments:

Pastor Leslie Low said...

I know the feeling. Had my house broken into once too thought I did not encounter the intruder personally. Important thing is you gals are safe. Get some simple alarm system from the DIY. If you you gals have a car in the garage manually set off the alarm. Some pepper spray may come in handy too. Anyway, it's unlikely that idiot will return.

I am glad you are all safe. It will take a little time for you gals to settle. But things will get back to being normal soon. Take care and that reminds me ... Jesus will come again soon like a thief in the night. Always be watchful. Hee..hee...

Mishie said...

Heysss. The alarm system has been installed edi. But the grill and lock people didn't come =/ I dunno wor. My friend got robbed 3 times, w/ his laptop stolen 3 times. But in all those incidences he wasn't at home. The 4th time he was home and succeeded in scaring them off cos he pretended to act crazy and held a knife. =/

Hurr. Thanks. comparing Jesus to a thief isn't comforting T_T